Project title: Inhibition of C. difficile by pro- and synbiotics?
Status: Our project “Inhibition of C. difficile by pro- and synbiotics?” is work in progress. At present, we are in the data acquisition phase.
Objectives: Our research project aims to provide answers to the following questions:
- Survey among nursing homes
- How high is the burden caused by diarrhea (often caused by C. difficile infections) for residents and staff of nursing homes?
- How is diarrhea managed in nursing homes?
- In-vitro experiments
- Can different strains of C. difficile (ribotype 001, ribotype 027, J-strain) be inhibited probiotics and synbiotics?
- Are there differences between the effects of different probiotic and synbiotic preparations?
Remark: This project is performed in cooperation with Prof. Hanna Pituch, Medical University of Warsaw